Xtreme Access 2.3
Designer: Chris Mitchell
|Sail Area Tot Working
Access Dinghies were designed to appeal to that huge majority of the world's population who would love to have a go at sailing, but find it too difficult or uninviting to do so.
The Access 2.3 Single with its comfortable seat, joystick steering, single rope control and amazing maneuverability has to be easiest boat in the world to sail. Add to that the wide side decks, ballasted centreboard and reefable sail and it also has to be one of the safest.
What makes this little boat so unique is the confidence and sense of security it gives even the most unlikely new sailor. As it can also be fitted with Servo Assist electric controls it allows even those with a severe physical disability to also experience the joys of freedom on the water.
- Hull has positive buoyancy & heavily rockered for easy maneuverability.
- Strong construction with solid bonded hull to deck joins.
- With the seat keeping the helms weight low plus weighted centreboard type keel, the boat is virtually uncapsizable.
- Reefed and unreefed by a single hauling line.
- Mainsail controlled by a manual mainsheet.
- High boom is kept well away from helms head.
- The boat, mast and boom fit neatly and easily onto standard car roof bars.
- No hiking out necessary.
- Available in 10 different colours with a coloured flash on the sail for easily distinguishable fleet sailing, which is very useful for safety monitoring and video/photo feedback.
- So simple and stable almost anyone can use these boats.
- Extremely comfortable, nimble and above all great fun.
Capricorn F 18